After sharing with you reasons on why I cut my hair in my previous post, I thought it’d be fit to share with you all some pocket-friendly products I’ve bought to start this new part of my journey.
1. Kentaste Coconut Virgin Oil – I bought this at Nakumatt Prestige for about Kes.575.
I love coconut oil because it has so many uses: I take off my makeup with it, I take off my lipstick with it, I use it on my hair as a moisturiser and a deep conditioner ingredient, for oil pulling, as a hand and body moisturiser, for making granola, etc.
2. Alberto Balsam Tea Tree Tingle Herbal Conditioner – from Nakumatt Prestige for about Kes.230.
Bought this to try out really. I’ve tried Alberto Balsam conditioners before and they’re pretty good for a girl on a budget. Should I do a review post on this?
3. Kentaste Coconut Milk – from Tusky’s T-Mall for less than Kes.250.
Bought this as the main ingredient for a deep conditioner. It good for protein-sensitive natural girls who are looking to strengthen their strands without overly drying them out.
4. Fragata Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil – from Tusky’s T-Mall for less than Kes.400.
This is probably the best hair moisturiser out there! EVOO never fails. I love mixing it with deep conditioners and adding it to my scalp oil mix (which has Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO) and a few drops of tea tree oil).
5. Alberto Balsam Mandarin Conditioner – from Nakumatt Prestige for about Kes.250.
I bought this before I cut my hair. The bottle says it’s for dry hair so I bought it to try it out. Not too shabby. Will try it out in a co-wash and give feedback.
I’m super excited to
sort of start this new part of my hair journey guys! If you’re interested in a review post of any of the products listed above, comment below and let me know.