Everything but the kitchen sink, really.
I was really chuffed by your responses from the 25 Facts About Me post, so I thought I could delve a little deeper into giving you all more snippets into my life. I know this post is similar to what a lot of YouTubers do, but I thought it’d be fun to read as well. On a random side note: yes, I have considered plunging myself into the world of YouTube, but I feel that I need to be a lot more consistent with blogging before I can expand my horizons. I’m also not really where I want to be with blogging- in terms of content quality- so I’m keeping YouTube on the back burner…. for now.
Back to what’s in my bag, I knew I had to do a post like this after a reader suggested I do one using my now not-so-new Boutique Mahali bag that I featured on my Instagram a couple of months back. So let’s have a look-see into my everyday bag…
1. Bag – c/o Boutique Mahali
2. Microsoft Surface Tablet – This was a birthday gift from my uncle about 2 years ago. I like carrying it around in case I need to respond to emails or research on stuff. Or generally hang around my social media… especially Pinterest. Have you followed me on there yet? I have an outfit inspo board that’s EVERYTHING (well, to me.).
3. Sunglasses Case – I bought this case from Primark about a year ago and it still serves me pretty well. I love its neon colour too. So easy to find in an otherwise packed bag. I use it to store these sunnies.
4. Personal Hygiene Bag – As you can probably tell, this bag is OLD. I got it as a birthday gift from For You Chinese Restaurant in 2012 and need to buy another one. Any suggestions? I use it to keep my hand sanitiser, sanitary towels, extra hairbands (are these redundant now that I’ve got short hair?), eye drops, hand cream, pain killers (for that time of the month) and antibacterial wipes.
5. Toothbrush & Pocket Tissues – I think every natural-haired girl needs a toothbrush in their handbag. Those edges need to be LAID at all times. Ain’t nobody got time for minced meat edges. Pocket tissues are a HUGE essential. Other than for a runny nose, they also work well as oil-blotting sheets for makeup, shoe cleaners, car dashboard and side mirror wipes, hand towels…
6. Orbit Chewing Gum – To be honest, I’m not really a gum kinda gal. I prefer mints as opposed to chewing gum but I haven’t found any mints that work as well as gum to freshen breath. I’m not really a fan of the Orbit Strawberry Mints or Smints too so until I find strong mints, I’ll keep the gum.
7. Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali – This was my current read until this past Thursday. It probably is one of the best books I’ve read since Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
8 & 9. Pen and Notebook – Regular Bic biro pens are probably my favourite pens to write with. I love to write down little notes and pointers to remember so I write them in this notebook that I got last year during my last days in London. The ankara print cover is DIY. I think it makes the notebook a little more personalised and fun. Notebook cover tutorials, anyone?
10. eos Raspberry & Pomegranate Lipbalm – I bought this in CVS while in the US last year. Actually, I bought about 3 lip balms just to keep me covered for the next year or so. I love this lip balm because it’s matte and is the perfect base for lipstick.
11. Earphones and Beats Case – I bought the earphones from Burlington Coat Factory last year and randomly found the Beats earphones case in my brother’s drawer and decided to keep them for myself. I tend to destroy my earphones all the time because of throwing them in my bag without a case so finding this case was absolutely awesome.
12. Car Keys – Does anyone else’s car keys get lost in the side pocket of their handbag like mine?
13. Coin Purse – Also got this as a gift from For You Chinese Restaurant. They always give random gifts at the end of every meal.
14. NYX Cosmetics Slim Lip Pencil in Nude Truffle – I love carrying this around in my bag for those ‘no makeup-makeup’ days.
16. Wallet/Purse – I bought this in the summer of 2013 from Forever 21. It’s started looking really beat up but I love it so much! I’m not giving up on it even though the zip seems to be giving up. I love love love the colour and the studs which make for a pretty easy search whenever I need it.
17. Makeup Bag – I also got this from For You Chinese Restaurant. Can you tell that that place is pretty much my second home? Lol. I got this during my birthday dinner with my extended family last year. Safe to say it came at the right time because I was going to buy myself a makeup bag! Should I do a separate what’s in my makeup bag post?
18. Not Pictured – I also carry around a Lock & Lock 900ml water bottle. I try to keep hydrated throughout the day. I’m not sure if it’s just me, but I tend to drink more water if it’s from a bottle rather than refilling a glass all the time.
I know this was a bit of a lengthy post but I hope you enjoyed getting to know what’s in my bag. What’s in yours?
Have a great week ahead!