My second DIY!
Did this one a couple of weeks back. It was one random afternoon spent on the computer. I had thought about making a bow-tie for the longest time but didn’t actually get to doing it. That day, I decided in was do or die. Make the bow-tie or bust. I loved the outcome!
What you’ll need:
1. A piece of fabric. (Note that this fabric is what I used in My Very First DIY)
2. A pair of scissors, tape measure (or ruler), needles, thread, and a pencil (or a piece of chalk)
2. Fold the piece of fabric in such a way that it folds into a rectangular shape. Make sure the fabric overlaps itself once you fold it.
4. Do the same for a smaller piece of fabric. I think I measured this one at 7″x 2″.
6. Pass the loop/tie through the rectangular piece of fabric that you’ve sewn
7. Et voila, a bow tie!
Btw, I didn’t sew the bow to the loop/tie ’cause I thought I wanted this bow-tie to be as versatile as possible: you could stick a bobby pin through it to make it a hair bow, or a string through it to make it a bow-tie, or a brooch, attach it to an alice band, etc etc.
What do you think?
Loved the outcome!