HAPPY 2018 FAM!
So, it’s been a little quiet on this here blog however I do assure you that it’s not on purpose, I had been so extra busy at work on weekdays and events on weekends that I simply did not have the time to give the blog the proper attention it deserves. However, now that I’m back, I thought it nice to share with you a few things that I’m teaching (re)learning to do from now on. I’m not really one to make New Year’s resolutions but I figured that this would be a great way to share with you something I plan on doing whilst making you guys my accountability partners in some sort of way.
So, here are a few things I’m going to do in 2018:
Dress – LC Waikiki; Hoop Earrings – Lovisa South Africa; adidas Black & White Superstars – FootGear South Africa; Lipstick – MAC Ruby Woo
Photography by Nyamu Muthama
- Be deliberate about things. I had a conversation with someone a couple of weeks back about being deliberate about doing things in my life. You see, I’m the kind of person to always talk about doing something but never do it. Sometimes I sing about working out and eating healthy, then I’ll still be the same person who will go out and get hungry and proceed to buy fries and chicken to satisfy that hunger. Doing this always makes me feel guilty about not keeping healthy when I could easily have thought about it earlier and had lunch at home or bought a healthier option.
- Stop making excuses. I always find that I’m the same whole person who will complain about not having worked out or made that phone call or written that brand pitch. I’m the same person making lame ass excuses as to why I can’t work out or write a blog post because I’m too tired or not a morning person to wake up early and get shit done. Making excuses is just an easy way out that I need to stop doing.
- Go for what you want. You want that brand collaboration? Write that proposal. You want that new job? Apply for jobs. You want that salary increase? Ask your boss for one. This is something I am especially taking into consideration because Lord knows I’m the type to be too afraid to go out of my comfort zone to go for those things I want. I want to stop being my own barrier to my own greatness.
- Take time to do what you love. Love listening to music? Listen to music. Buy those headphones and jam to those tunes. Love sewing clothes, sew them. Love doing your hair? Braid it. Are you an avid reader? Read more books. It’s no secret that I love reading books because I always share what I’m reading. I’m planning to read more books and grow my library.
- Manage my money better. Money is always such a touchy subject better but I do trust that I can and will be able to manage my coins better and make even more money this year! Speaking of which, are you taking part in this year’s #52WeekChallenge? I unfortunately fell off the wagon last year but I’m determined not to fall off this year.
- Speak things into existence. The power of the tongue is immense. Go for those things you want. Speak about them, work towards them and watch them unfold.
What are you planning to teach yourself and learn in 2018? Please share!